Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beautiful Downtown Boulder

If you haven't heard, I am starting a new long term project called January Birthday. My friend, T.B. Lussier and I are restoring a 1954 Chevy panel truck to travel roadside America and document what we see and hear. Recently I traveled to Boulder City to work on a school assignment and scout locations for the January Birthday project. I ate at Mel's Diner and found what I am looking for in my project. As I was sitting at the lunch counter I felt an energy I have been seeking. It was the smile of the waitress and the smell of the food that tripped a circuit in my brain. I could feel what it might be like to drive to a place I have never been and stumble into wonder. I could feel the inspiration build as I ate my breakfast. I can't wait to get on the road.




No comments: